JULY 29 – AUGUST 4
Anticipated traffic impacts / roadwork:
• Temporary highway closures of I-95 NB will continue during the early morning hours Monday through Saturday. These closures are necessary for the completion of steel and concrete deck panel erection for the new Bridge 550 NB structure.
• Additional highway lane closures are possible NB and SB Sunday through Thursday. Right or left lane taken at 9 p.m., second lane taken at 11 p.m. All lanes reopened by 5 a.m.
• Lane closures of city streets are possible project wide from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday for bridge and road construction, including curb and sidewalk installation on Cedar Street.
• The newly erected concrete box beams for the new George Street Bridge will be post-tensioned and grouted.
• Formwork and rebar installation for the concrete bridge deck will continue on the new Pleasant Street Bridge.
• The existing steel beams of the recently opened Garden Street Bridge will continue to be sandblasted and painted.
• Bridge bearings will be welded to the new steel stringers and formwork will be installed atop the stringers to receive the precast deck panels for the new Bridge 550 NB structure.
• Construction will continue on several gravel and crushed stone retaining walls that will support the new highway between each of the new bridge structures.
Ongoing long-term road closures:
• The Main Street on-ramp to I-95 SB is closed and will remain closed for the remainder of the project. Detour in place.
• The southbound half of the George Street Bridge over I-95 is closed for demolition and reconstruction. Detour using Cedar Street and Garden Street is in place.
• Taft Street and Pleasant Street between Division Street and Jenks Way are closed and will remain closed for the remainder of the project. Detour in place.
Following the erection, post-tensioning, and grouting of the concrete deck slabs for the new Pawtucket Bridge 550 NB structure, the concrete parapets and asphalt paving will be installed, which when completed, will temporarily carry I-95 SB traffic until the last existing structure is replaced. Additionally, reconstruction will continue on the southbound side of the George Street overpass which is anticipated to be completed this winter, and construction will also continue on the next phase of the new Pleasant Street Bridge, which will open with the new Pawtucket Bridge 550 NB structure by the end of the year.
For more information, contact RIDOT Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org  or call 401-222-2450 weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The above activities are weather-dependent, and are based on the best information available to RIDOT at the time of this update (July 27).