Skip to main content

UPDATE: Health officials say concessions pass latest inspection

August 1, 2014

The state beach concession stands cited for more than 70 food code violations last month were re-inspected Friday morning and found to be in compliance, the Department of Health said Friday.
“Misquamicut, Scarborough, and Roger Wheeler were inspected this (Friday) morning. They no longer have any critical violations, which means public health is not at-risk to patronize these sites,” said Christina Batastini, the Rhode Island Department of Health’s chief officer of health promotion.
The stands are run by Beachcomber Concessions, the company of former Democratic Party Chairman David Caprio. He stepped down this week amid a state police investigation into the awarding of the concession contract.
As reported by The Call and The Times on Friday, the violations at Misquamicut, Scarborough and Roger Wheeler beaches included fish fillets thawed in stagnant water, cans of clam chowder being stored in restrooms and fly strips hanging over food preparation areas.

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes