PAWTUCKET â€” Thanks to the diligent work of Pawtucket Police detectives, two suspects have been arrested who are accused of committing a string of frightening armed robberies and home invasions that have recently occurred in the city.
According to Pawtucket Police, over the past several weeks, detectives have been investigating a series of hold-ups involving a firearm being displayed that took place at local stores, gas stations and two residences. Information was developed from a tip that led detectives to two city men as suspects.
On January 3, police say the suspects were seen in a vehicle that was operating on Central Avenue. The car was stopped by officers and the two men were taken into custody. They have been identified as Brendan LeBlanc, 36, of Byron Avenue, Pawtucket, and Robert J. Messier, 33, of Woodside Avenue, Pawtucket.
Police say a replica firearm was located at Messierâ€™s residence. Detectives Donti Rosciti, David Silva and Charles â€śChipâ€ť Devine are credited with piecing together the information that led to the arrests.
LeBlanc and Messier were brought before the District Court in Providence on January 4. Both suspects were ordered held without bail.
Leblanc was charged with the following crimes:
1. Armed robbery at Dotâ€™s clothing on December 7, 2012
2. Armed Robbery at Town Mart on December 13, 2012
3. Armed Robbery at Metro PCS on December 18, 2012
4. Home invasion robbery at 12 Poirier St. on December 26, 2012
5. Gulf Express robbery on December 31, 2012
6. Armed robbery at Bestway convenience store on January 1, 2013.
7. Conspiracy to commit robbery related to the home invasion on December 26, 2012
8. Breaking and entering related to the home invasion on December 26, 2012
9. Possession of Clonazepam
10. Two outstanding warrants
Messier was charged with following crimes:
1. Home invasion robbery at 12 Poirier St. on December 26, 2012
2. Conspiracy to commit robbery related to the Metro PCS robbery on December 18, 2012
3. Breaking and entering related to the home invasion on December 26, 2012
4. Possession of Cocaine
5. Possession of Clonazepam
6. Possession of Alprazolam
7. Driving in Possession of Controlled Substance
8. Driving on a Suspended License