The Geo. H. Fuller & Son Co., located at 151 Exchange St. in Pawtucket â€” on the banks of the Blackstone River since 1858 â€” has been acquired by the Attleboro company, Findings Incorporated. The Fuller company is now closed. The building is reportedly under a purchase and sales agreement by a local property owner.
PAWTUCKET â€” A jewelry manufacturer that has sat on the banks of the Blackstone River at 151 Exchange Street for over 150 years has shut its doors for good after being acquired by an Attleboro, Mass. company.
The Geo. H. Fuller & Son Co., founded in 1858, had produced jewelry findings, fine jewelry and carbon fixtures for soldering at its Pawtucket mill. Earlier this spring, the company, also known as Fuller Findings, was acquired by Findings Incorporated, a jewelry manufacturer that has been in business since 1945.
According to a company spokeswoman for Findings Incorporated, on April 2, Fuller Findings began relocating to the Findings Incorporated manufacturing facility located at 1231 County St. in Attleboro, Mass. The move was completed in mid-May, except for some remaining equipment, which workers were seen loading onto a truck on Friday.
Although there had been about 25 employees working at the Pawtucket facility at the time of the acquisition, only five were invited to join the new operation. At one time, the company employed about 50 people at the Pawtucket location, and the company also served as a source of after-school jobs for countless students of Tolman High School, located directly across the street.
According to the Findings Incorporated website, also making the move is Paul Mooney, the owner of Fuller Findings and a descendant of founder George H. Fuller. Mooney will continue to work as vice president of Fuller Findings, a Division of Findings Incorporated. The company's website also states that Fuller Findings will continue to manufacture their line of quality findings, as they have since 1858, and will continue to service all of their customers.
The gray clapboard Geo. H. Fuller & Son Co. building, located across from Tolman High School and the Pawtucket Armory, stood out as a lone wooden structure among the surrounding brick buildings. According to several sources, the long and narrow structure, located directly on the river, is under purchase and sale by a local business owner and developer for future use as some type of retail or commercial development.