- Special Sections
Members of the Woonsocket Fire Department HazMat team are briefed by Central Falls Fire Chief Robert Bradley and members of the Central Falls Fire Department as an emergency situation unfolds in front of 428 Dexter St. in Central Falls Thursday afternoon.
According to Bradley, a female resident reported a strange odor in the building, and upon investigation, the odor was deemed suspicious and the Woonsocket Fire Department HazMat team was called. After further investigation, it was determined that an ammonia spill had occurred in the third floor apartment and four tenants were evacuated from the building. At press time, the spill was in the process of being cleaned up so that residents could return.