Skip to main content

Archive - Sep 14, 2011 - News Article

Tenants displaced by fire on Gordon Street

September 14, 2011

PAWTUCKET — An electrical fire that started in an attic displaced about 13 tenants in a four-unit apartment house at 192 Garden St. early Wednesday morning, fire officials said.
The call for the three-alarm blaze came in at around 5 a.m. According to Fire Capt. Steven Parent, the fire burned through much of the roof and caused extensive smoke and water damage throughout the wood frame house.
All of the tenants were able to escape and no one was injured, although two firefighters had to be treated for heat exhaustion, he said.

Antique diner rolls into Pawtucket

September 14, 2011

PAWTUCKET — Many of its Pullman car windows are broken or missing and its stainless steel has lost its luster, but Jonathan Savage was still pleased as punch Tuesday afternoon when the antique diner he recently acquired was delivered to his mill complex at 560 Mineral Spring Avenue.


Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes