Skip to main content

Archive - Jan 19, 2011 - News Article

Greenhouse damaged by fire

January 19, 2011

PAWTUCKET — A fire that ignited Monday evening caused substantial damage to a greenhouse belonging to Imondi & Sons Florist at 182 Smithfield Ave.
According to Fire Capt. Steven Parent, the shop had closed for business at 5 p.m. and the fire alarm came in at around 6 p.m. The blaze apparently started in a wood frame greenhouse, one of two greenhouses that are connected to a showroom. He said the heat caused the greenhouse panels to melt but the showroom and remaining metal frame greenhouse remained intact.


Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes